We are seeking an Executive Director. Caregiver Companion is a network of interfaith volunteers committed to improving the quality of life in the homes of our elderly and disabled neighbors, as well as their caregivers. As a member of the Congregation of St. Joseph Mission Network, we extend the mission and tradition of the Congregation of St. Joseph, “That All May Be One”.
The Executive Director is the Chief Administrator of the organization and reports to the Board of Director. S/he directs the operation, providing direction and consultation to staff, and volunteers, exercising financial oversight and conducting development for the organization. S/he is responsible for fundraising, including donor development, special events, researching grant opportunities, writing grant applications and reports.
Responsibilities include nurturing and maintaining relations with supporters, program partners, community, religious and partnering organizations, development and implementation of a strategic plan for Caregiver Companion. Representing Caregiver Companion in the public arena the Executive Director ensures that the mission and charism of the Congregation of St. Joseph (https://www.csjoseph.org), and in particular the Core Values of The Congregation of St. Joseph Mission Network, are embodied and incorporated into all aspects of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated development/fundraising experience
- Previous experience working with a governing board preferred
- Basic computer literacy: Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail effectively
- Strong oral and written communications, relational and collaborative skills and flexibility
- Requires flexibility working occasionally on weekends and evenings
- Some travel required
- Busy office setting with numerous interruptions
Submit cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org