We are seeking to hire an Executive Director. We provide non-medical supplemental volunteer support for elderly and disabled individuals who desire to remain in their home, as well as their caregivers. Our goal as an agency is to help relieve the pressure that often comes with being a caregiver through the help of loving and caring volunteers in the community.
The Executive Director is the Chief Administrator of Caregiver Companion. S/he directs the operation, providing direction and consultation to staff, volunteers and families, exercising financial oversight and conducting development for the organization. S/he is responsible for fundraising, including donor development, special events, researching grant opportunities, writing grant applications and reports.
Responsibilities include nurturing and maintaining relations with supporters, program partners, community, religious and partnering organizations as well as development and implementation of a strategic plan for Caregiver Companion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated development/fundraising experience
- In-home care or social services experience
- Previous experience working with a governing board preferred
- Basic computer literacy: Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Publisher and ability to use e-mail effectively
- Strong oral and written communications, relational and collaborative skills and flexibility
- Requires flexibility working occasionally on weekends and evenings
- Some travel required
- Busy office setting with numerous interruptions
Submit cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com